Autumn Pumpkin Festival Calgary
Our 2014 Autumn Pumpkin Festival is a must-do for your fall activitiy list and has become an annual tradition for families. You'll have a chance to smash, stomp, and decorate pumpkins, as well as take part in all our great attractions. We also have a wide array of mini, sugar, unusual, and jack o'lantern pumpkins available for purchase to take home. Our pumpkins are set out in the fields and on display for great photo opportunities.
Dates and Times: The Autumn Pumpkin Festival takes place on the following weekends:
- September 27 & 28 - 10 am to 5 pm
- October 4 & 5 - 10 am to 5 pm
- October 11, 12 & 13 (Thanksgiving weekend) - 10 am to 5 pm
- October 18 & 19 - 10 am to 5 pm
Please note that the Autumn Festival does not take place on weekdays (Monday to Friday), except for Thanksgiving Monday.
Admission Pricing: $13.50+gst per person (ages 3+). Ages 2 and under are free. Children ages 3 to 17 will receive a mini pumpkin as part of their admission. If you wish you to purchase a mini pumpkin for a child who is free (ages 2 and under), you may do so for $1.
Groups of 20 or more receive a discounted rate of $11.50+gst per person. Ages 2 and under are free.
This year's line-up of activities includes:
The PUMPKIN DESTRUCTION ZONE - The place everybody wants to be...unless you're a pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Launch - Watch as we fire pumpkins great distances with our old fashion trebuchet
- The Great Pumpkin Explosion - that's right, we're exploding pumpkins filled with candy for the kids. 1 pm daily
GAMES AND CRAFTS AREA
- Pumpkin bowling
- Pumpkin checkers
- Cornstalk scarecrow making -10:00 am to 4:00 pm daily
- Mini pumpkin decorating - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm daily
- Corn mazes - Our famous giant 10+ acre maze great for older kids and adults, and our smaller 2-acre kid friendly one
- Barnyard petting zoo (goats, sheep, kittens, ducks, chickens, rabbits, miniature horses, miniature donkeys)
- Pig races - 11:45 am , 1:45 pm, and 3:45pm daily
- Jumping Pillows
- Farm Playground (Train playground, cow milking, roping stations, spider web climber, pedal karts, rubber duck races, etc.)
- Giant slides - Potato sack slide, and Hill Slides
- Tractor pulled Grain Train - Runs every hour on the hour (more often as necessary)
- Cow Train - Runs every hour on the half-hour (more often if necessary)
We have a wide variety of awesome and unique pumpkins on display, many types which you'll only find at the maze.
Pumpkin Pricing ranges between $5 and $11 depending on variety and size. Pumpkin varieties include (while supplies last):
- Jack O'lanterns - 7-25 lbs in size.
- Knucklehead Pumpkins - Freaky orange spectacular warty skin makes him the star of the show. 12-16 lbs in size.
- Ghost Pumpkins - White pumpkin with true pumpkin shape and sturdy stems. 5-12 lbs in size.
- Fairy Tale Pumpkins - A unique eating and ornamental pumpkin, Fairytale has a deeply lobed, slightly squat shape and a magnificent mahogany brown color. 12 lbs in size.
- Mini Pumpkins - Hand held mini-pumpkins that are great for decorating, carving, or cooking. Mini-pumpkins are approximately 3 inches in diameter and 3/4 lb in size. Waxed dipped to last a long time. $1 per pumpkin.
- Pie Pumpkins - Great for pies, carving, or its hulless seeds are great for roasting. Pie pumpkins are 7 inches in diameter, and 2-3 lbs in size. $3.25 per pumpkin.
ATTRACTIONS NOT INCLUDED IN THE ADMISSION PRICE
- Gemstone Mining - Gembags range between $6 and $11 depending on bag size and gem types
- Friendly Fire - $3 per play
- Pumpkin Picking (see above for pricing)